Saturday, August 16, 2008

He Wants To Do What??

The dining room floor.....all we were going to do was the dining room floor! Which then turned into replacing the patio door as well....and replacing the kitchen floor....and painting the kitchen walls....and putting up a new light fixture....and painting the inside of the pantry.....and hey, we don't want wet feet stepping directly onto the new hardwood floors by the front entry so let's put down tile (which will also come from the house I grew up in and no, it's not put in yet either)! It gets better! DH originally said there was NO WAY he was going to mess with replacing the vinyl in the laundry room, 1/2 bath, or hall closet (all of which have the same floor as the peeling stuff we've been replacing in the kitchen & dining room) due to cost, labor, time, etc. Today he comes up to me and says, "So I've been thinking...." OK, I've learned over the past 13 1/2 years of our marriage that when he says that....watch out! You guessed it....he has now decided that we need to replace the vinyl in the laundry room, 1/2 bath, and hall closet (will anyone ever see that flooring as it's always covered with winter boots and other odds & ends???)......and he wants to put it in himself (no labor costs that way!). I get a strange feeling my laundry room is also about to get a new coat of paint.....who knows, maybe the closet too! (The bathroom will not as I just repainted it myself a year after we moved in here when I could no longer take the horrid dark olive green color and changed it to a nice bright yellow.) And just how did the project progress today, you ask? Well, the new patio door has white vinyl on the exterior to match the vinyl siding of the house, but came with unfinished wood on the interior side so it could be stained to match the hardwood floors. So that is what we have been working on today.....staining the patio doors. So no, I still have no dining room flooring. When we originally started this project I was hoping to be done by the time school started.....I think now I better set my sights on Christmas!

No comments: