Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ahhh.....Is That A New Air Freshener??

Well, I knew with my crew it couldn't last long. My "new" kitchen has been initiated. Since we still don't have a dining room floor (although the preparation has begun!), the kids have been eating in the kitchen. DD eats at a little play table. DS is way too big to fit there so he eats at the counter (oh, the things we put our children through!). I had gotten onto DD a couple of times about staying seated while she eats rather than keep popping up out of her chair.....she knows better. Well, she wasn't listening very well and ended up spilling her milk.....her almost completely full cup of milk. Now if it had just spilled onto the new vinyl, it wouldn't have been a big deal. I would have had her clean it up to help enforce the lesson of sitting still while eating, and that would have been it. But, nooooo, the milk cup hit the newly painted wall, milk then went rushing down the wall, BEHIND the new baseboard, and down INTO the air vent! So I had her grab me a bunch of paper towels as I picked up the cup and moved the table away from the wall.....then had quite the time of it trying to get as much milk soaked up from behind the baseboard as I could (DH meanwhile pulled out the air vent grate to dry it off) and then stuffed more paper towels down into the vent to soak up as much of the milk down there as I could possibly reach. *sigh* Now to just hope that enough of the milk got dried up so that drywall behind the baseboard doesn't start to smell like spoiled milk.........oh, and I really hope I got it all out of the air vent. The last thing we need right now is the lovely "fresh" scent of spoiled milk wafting through the ENTIRE house every time the a/c or furnace kicks on.....

1 comment:

Mindy Hart said...

mmmm... the smell of rotting milk- nothing worse in the world. :)